December 30, 2009

2009 Reading List

Yesterday I posted my Top Ten books that I read this year. Today I wanted to share my entire list with you guys. I would recommend pretty much every one of these books to others, even books I had to read for my seminary courses. So here we go:

I Am Not But I Know I AM by Louie Giglio
Axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs by Bill Hybels
Visioneering by Andy Stanley
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Louder Than Words by Andy Stanley
The Dip by Seth Godin
Creating Community by Andy Stanley & Bill Willits
The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis
The Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley
21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
Killing Cockroaches by Tony Morgan
How Good Is Good Enough by Andy Stanley
21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader by John Maxwell
Peterman Rides Again by John Peterman
It by Craig Groeschel
The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
Primal by Mark Batterson
Mad Church Disease by Anne Jackson
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Tribes by Seth Godin

Seminary Reading
Old Testament Survey by LaSor, Hubbard, & Bush
Cracking Old Testament Codes by Sandy & Giese
Exegetical Fallacies by D.A. Carson
Creative Bible Teaching by Richards & Bredfeldt
Created To Learn by William R. Yount
Communicating For A Change by Stanley & Jones
Introduction To The New Testament by Carson & Moo
The New Testament: Its Background & Message by Lea & Black
I Maccabees
II Maccabees

Focused Bible Study
Judges
Proverbs
Luke
I Timothy
II Timothy
Matthew
Nehemiah
Ezra

4 comments:

Anne Jackson said...

Thanks so much for reading MCD!!!

Matt said...

You are very welcome Anne. It was a great read. I needed some stimulating stuff like MCD, Outliers, & Tribes after having to read all of the stuff I did for seminary!

Pastor Waldo said...

I love the list. Ordered Visioneering earlier this week.

Matt said...

Thanks Waldo. I thought I'd share all the stuff I have read this year b/c I have people ask me to recommend stuff to them, & this was an easy way to do that. I hope the list can help you when you get to the point of wondering what some good titles are that you need to check out.