September 23, 2009

Update

A couple of months ago, I wrote about uncertainty & how I was in the process of transitioning out of my current place of ministry as I began to seek what God had next for my family, my ministry, & me. I've had several people asking how things are going & if I've got any serious prospects for my next place of ministry. So I thought I'd write a little bit of an update to bring everybody up to speed.

Things are going well for us. Right when I transitioned out of my ministry position, I began work on my Master's Degree in Christian Leadership, so I've been able to get back into a school routine after being out of school for 8 years. So far, so good with school. The way Liberty structures their classes works well for me. I'd definitely recommend it to anybody looking to pursue their graduate degree.

I'm also spending A LOT more time at home with my wife & kids. Some days it's great; on other days I have to go somewhere to get alone & work on projects for seminary. After being away at work everyday for hours, being at home everyday is a major adjustment, but most of the time it's fun. We've had more meals around the table together in the last month than we'll probably every be able to have again, & I get to hang out with my little girls for more than like 3 hours a day.

On the ministry front, I've got my resume' out to several places & had an interview last week with one church, but there's a lot of waiting involved in this process. I know from experience that churches rarely do anything quickly. So I'm being patient, & besides, I'm not a worrier by nature anyway. We do ask that you pray for God to lead us to the right place of ministry, not just a place of ministry.

So that's sort of where we are right now. I have more free time than I've had since I was in high school. In fact, I may have more free time than I had in high school. So if any of you guys in ministry who read this need a Sunday or Wednesday off, I'd be happy to fill in for you! Preaching & teaching is a passion of mine, & my wife is not loving the fact that she's my captive audience!

Next time, I'll share a little bit about what I'm learning about church & ministry from the other side of the stage: the churchgoer's side.

No comments: